The CDP offers a range of services to eligible clients in Manitoba (Find our one page summary here):
- Communication assessment and consultation for Speech-Generating Device (SGD) selection by a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)
- Access and/ or mounting needs assessment or consultation by an Occupational Therapist (OT)
- Clinic loans for clinicians who need time with equipment to prep, program and determine if a trial is appropriate for their client
- No-cost trial (4 weeks per trial) of Speech Generating Device (SGD) systems including alternative access and/ or mounting as required
- Prescription and rental of SGD and after successful trial (either through CDP or previously completed through school or other program)
- Education and training for clients, family members, support staff and/ or clinicians
- Ongoing technical support and repairs / device replacement
- Available in-person and virtually via MB Telehealth or Microsoft TEAMS, as required and appropriate
How to access the CDP services:
- Service Guide for new client.
- Service Guide for current client.