Dear Family & Friends of Deer Lodge Centre
Updated May 25, 2020
The Province of Manitoba announced (May 21, 2020) that outdoor visits with residents in Personal Care Homes (PCH’s) could begin after May 29, 2020. Deer Lodge Centre (DLC) is pleased to extend the visits to all Rehabilitation, Chronic Care patients and PCH residents of the Centre. The visiting guidelines and procedures developed for PCH residents and their families will apply to all other DLC patients and families.
Family & Friends can schedule their visit by calling the Patient & Resident Inquiries Hotline at 204-833-1760 and select the Outdoor Visitation option. Calls to this line will be answered and returned Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm. Please consider the following information prior to booking your appointment and while you prepare for your visit:
- DLC will be screening all visitors, including assessing for symptoms or known exposure to COVID-19 prior to each visit.
- Restrictions will apply to visitors who have travelled outside of Manitoba within the past 14 days.
- No visitor shall be permitted if they have any cold/flu or other COVID-19 symptoms.
- All visitors must comply with Infection Prevention and Control measures. This includes strict hand hygiene and maintaining physical distancing (6 feet/2 meters apart) at all times.
- Off property visits are not permitted given the risk to residents and to other vulnerable patients.
- DLC reserves the right to cancel visits due to the resident’s care needs, visitor compliance, outbreaks or inclement weather.
Note: Outdoor Visits will be cancelled in poor weather conditions. Affected Visitors will be called to reschedule their appointment to the next available date/time.
We’re sure you have questions, here are answers to some of them. Click on the question below to open the answer:
Indoor visits will remain suspended however, exceptions will continue be made for instances where it has been deemed essential for compassionate or end of life care. Deer Lodge Centre staff will reach out by telephone to families who have loved ones who meet this criteria and will make arrangements for the appropriate screening to take place to allow for visitation.
Communication with family and friends is essential to patient and resident well-being so please continue to:
- Connect by phone or video chat during this time.
- Send essential items to your loved one. Some items can be delivered to Patients and Resident but it is important to contact the Unit Manager for instructions and guidelines before dropping any items off for your loved one.
- Send electronic letters to a patient or resident via our “Well Wishes” page.
- Schedule Virtual Visits through our Family Connect Program. The DLC Family Connect Program has been put in place for those of our patients and residents who do not have access to technology to have scheduled virtual visits (i.e. video chats) with loved ones. Please call the Patient & Resident Inquires Hotline at 204-833-1760 for more information.
Protecting the health and well-being of your loved ones and staff remains one of our top priorities. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we set up outdoor visits for you and your relative. If you have questions about Outdoor Visitation please Patient & Resident Non-Urgent Inquiries Hotline at 204-833-1760 or Client Relations at 204-831-2963. Calls are monitored regularly and will be returned daily (Monday – Friday).
Deer Lodge Centre Senior Leadership Team